GRAND UNION YOUTH ORCHESTRA
The Grand Union Youth Orchestra is a mixed ensemble founded ten years ago for young musicians who wish to learn first-hand about world music and/or play non-Western instruments. Improvisation is central to the ensemble, and the members themselves help shape the repertoire. It meets on the first Sunday morning of each month at Rich Mix for a masterclass led by an authentic expert in a world music tradition, and gives regular public performances. Its reach is London-wide; participation is free to avoid any financial barriers.
The Ronnie Scott’s Charitable Foundation is fully funding the workshops and masterclasses listed on the flyer including:
- 4 x masterclasses at the RICHMIX:
- Masterclass with Latin-American specialist Emeris Solis (Colombia),
- Masterclass led by Zhu Xiao Meng (China) gu zheng (Chinese harp),
- Masterclass by Jyotsna Srikanth (India) violin,
- Masterclass led by Daniel Louis (St Lucia) steel pan.
- 4 x workshops at the VORTEX: April 7th, May 5th, June 2nd & July 7th.
Dates: March – July 2018
Location: Bethnal Green (Rich Mix) & Dalston (Vortex)
Age Group: 12 to 26
Get involved: http://grandunion.org.uk/guyo-workshops.php